I had the procedure done in 2011 after my fourth child. It seemed the right thing to do at the time. It was quick, affordable and I did not have to miss any work. It was as simple as a regular office visit and I only had to make my copayment my doctor told me. Of course he did not mention the pain I would feel during the procedure, which I was very heavily drugged for. I was never told about the feeling of cramping, sluggish feeling and weight gain. With all my children, I would drop my pregnancy weight not that long after delivery. With my last child, it seems like I just can’t get rid of it no matter what I do. I feel cramps all the time and I think at this point I am getting used to the feeling. It is getting to be a norm. I feel numbness in my arms and hands sometimes, not sure if it has to do with the Essure or not. I am scheduled to see my doctor next week. I’m really wondering if there is more to this than I am aware of. Seeing other people that are experiencing similar symptoms is amazing to me. Coincidence, I don’t think so!
- Jessica’s Story My story begins in October, 2010. On October 6,2010 my husband and i welcomed our fourth child, a baby girl. We had decided that we were done having children and i had asked my obgyn about […]
- Starlene’s Story I got the essure put in 2 years ago after I had my fourth child. Ever since then I get really bad back aches. I've been trying to lose weight but nothing is working. I get really bad […]
- Amanda’s Story I had the Essure 2012 after I had my daughter who is now 14 months old. Right after having the Essure done I had severe cramping. I have such awful pain on my right side. My hair is […]
- Lori’s Story Hello, My name is Lori and I am 50 years old and I had the Essure procedure done in 2009 along with a Novasure hydro uterine Ablation. I was having horrific cramping and bleeding and they […]
- Jenifer’s Story Back in 2008 I decided after my 3rd child I was done with having children. My doctor suggested I have the essure coil put in me, said it was great and easy and would work for me. So the […]
- Margarette’s Story After having my second child in 2008 my husband and I decided that we didn't want to have any more children. We discussed the various different methods of preventing conception in the […]