My name is Abby. I am a 29 year old single mother of 3. I, like many woman here, went to my doctor soon after my third child was born for permanent sterilization. And my doctor, like many others, was quick to suggest Essure. He said it was safe, pain free, hormone free, that I couldn’t possibly get pregnant, etc. So of course I thought I hit the jackpot! I never did well with the hormone birth control (made me gain weight).
On February 21, 2013 I had the procedure done and was feeling fine for the next two days. Then, I started getting a dull cramping right where the coils were placed. I went back to the doctor and he said that it was probably just the coils causing irritation to form the scar tissue. That made sense so I waited. But it just kept getting worse, then the lower back ache started. And the most recent symptom is swelling and pressure in my uterine area. I had none of these problems before Essure. Plus I haven’t had a period in a year and a half (due to child birth and nursing) so I just know that when I do get my period, it will be horrific just like a lot of other ladies are reporting. I wish that I never did this. My doctor is willing to talk about removal. I just pray that my insurance will pay for it.
- Sherlyn’s Story After having hormone issues my entire life and being on birth control for 23 years, my doctor advised me to have the essure procedure. My coils were implanted on October 25,21012. […]
- Nicole’s Story In the beginning of 2013 I had the Mirena IUD surgically removed due to it migrating and actually embedding itself in scar tissue on my cervix as well as the strings breaking off and those […]
- DANIELLE’s Story On March 1 2013 I had the Essure system put in. I went about after three and a half months and the doctor gave me the orders to have the test done to make sure it had worked. I did not go […]
- Amanda’s Story I had Essure done in 2008 after my third child was born. Everything seemed fine for awhile then I started getting infection after infection and had a yeast infection every single month. I […]
- Alyssa’s Story I got the essure procedure done July 31st 2013 because I wanted an alternative to permanent birth control. I had previously in 2012 gotten pregnant off birth control pills and miscarried. […]
- Chrisanne’s Story Thanks to everyone for helping to feel I am not alone. My GYN told me about the implants two years ago. He said it would be great to decrease menstrual symptoms, non hormonal, quick and […]