I had essure implanted Dec. 2012. Within four months I had symptoms of hypothyroidism, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, heavy, prolonged, painful periods, and anxiety attacks. My sides and back would hurt so bad during ovulation that I would end up in the ER frequently. I felt like I was in a fog, and gained 60 lbs. in a year. I finally joined a support group on FB and realized I was not alone. June 06, 2014 I had a LAVH. They removed cervix, and uterus, and the coils. I was 25 when I had the procedure, and even though I’m feeling much better, the impact on my life has been horrible. Anyone researching essure, just know my experience is not isolated, and it can take years to have symptoms. I hope this helps someone in making a permanent birth control device decision.
- Hope’s Story I had Essure implanted in early 2008 since then, I have suffered hair loss leaving embarrassing bald spots, weight gain, depression, anxiety, heart attack, borderline diabetes, […]
- Marylue’s Story I had these things put in about 2 years ago after having my body thinking it was pregnant with sac but no fetus and having a toddler and a husband that was working out of state so I had no […]
- Ashley’s Story I have had essure since 2011. Since then I have had depression and anxiety. So extreme that I have suicidal thoughts. I have had tremendous hair loss, I actually have a bald spot on the […]
- Ashley’s Story At this point, I feel ashamed I even got the procedure done. Did I trust to easy? I made the decision to get the procedure done about 6 years ago. I felt pushed into doing it and was told […]
- Jodi’s Story My name is Jodi Bailey I am 35 years old I had my first child when I was 32 the Dr.s told me that I would not be able to ever have children due to all the medications I had been on […]
- Gwendolynn’s Story I had Essure placed in September 2011. I was never told about the risk of nickel sensitivity and it was sold as a convenient, pain free device, with minimal down time. The only negative […]