I had the Essure procedure done on June 29, 2012. Since then, I can feel pain when I sneeze or cough, my periods are longer and heavier than normal, as well as all over the place (occasionally every three weeks, then every four, etc), and what scares me most; upon my last two ultrasounds, the stents could not be located. I am 36 with two beautiful children and an on-going history of problems. I had the Essure done as a means to lessen periods and prevent pregnancy. Now I find myself in more frequent discomfort/pain and wishing I could have a complete hysterectomy done! The whole idea behind this was to prevent the removal of hormones at a ‘young’ age while still preventing pregnancy. My family, and myself, have a history of an inability to use birth control pills and my husband and I knew we were done having children. I regret not looking more into this before making the decision to go through with it. I trusted my doctor completely (and still do as I believe he may find himself as blindsided as the rest of us!), but still should have done my own background search on this.
- Stacy’s Story I am a mother of three beautiful children. I decided to have the Essure procedure in February 2009 at the age of 36. In March 2012, I began having painful periods. The cramps during these […]
- Heather’s Story I had the essure procedure done in 2011. After having complications with my pregnancy earlier that year, I decided a permanent birth control was the safest option. My doctor recommended […]
- Tanya’s Story My name is Tanya. I am 36, and a mother of 7 children. My youngest child is now 21 months old. After research and a lot of soul searching, I made the decision to get Essure. I […]
- Lesa’s Story Devastated I had the essure placed in 2013 my journey with fertility started in 2009 me and my husband where delighted to find out we where pregnant only to be told a few weeks later it […]
- Rhonda’s Story After waiting 10 years to add to our family, we received shocking news that we were pregnant. We were thrilled! After a pretty rough pregnancy, I had a beautiful baby boy. I decided that […]
- Jacqueline’s Story I had 4 children from a previous marriage. After many years of an abusive marriage, I worked up the courage to leave. Then I was raising 4 children all alone. I was sure I was done. […]