I am a 36 year mom, almost 3 weeks post op from a total hysterectomy I did not want, but had to have due to previously having the Essure procedure.
From the time of having the Essure procedure, symptoms started automatically. Pelvic and abdomen bloating with cramping slowly started. After about 6 months, the symptoms got worse. I was doubled over in pain, missing work, family time and not able to function normally. After 2 months of CT scans, ultrasounds, ER visits and MRI ‘ S, a hysterectomy was scheduled. I had adhesions and inflammation all over my pelvic organs, bladder and colon.
When my doctor was explaining the procedure, it sounded perfect for me. But not until a few months after the procedure and i guess, i few months late, I started my research only to find women with the same complications and problems from having the procedure like me. I was hoping it would not lead me to a hysterectomy, but here I sit, post op, recovering from a surgery I never wanted to have.
- Stacy’s Story I am a mother of three beautiful children. I decided to have the Essure procedure in February 2009 at the age of 36. In March 2012, I began having painful periods. The cramps during these […]
- Andrea’s Story I am so glad I saw the stor on Essure because I had no idea so many women were having problems. I had essure inserted back in 2009 or 2010. My horror started when the gyn tried to insert […]
- Jennifer’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in 2010 at the age of 32. I did not want any more children and i had talked to my doctor about options and she recommended Essure. She raved about how easy […]
- Natalie’s Story My name is Natalie, I'm 36 years old and I received the Essure tubal in early 2004. During that time it was relatively new and I was one of the first 50 women in my area to get this […]
- Tammy’s Story Hi, I had the essure procedure done in 2009. As of last week (Dec, 2013) I was in the hospital with severe pain and heavy vaginal bleeding (2 weeks into my cycle, period not due until Jan […]
- Chastity’s Story So in 2007 shortly after the birth of our son, my husband and I decided that we were done having children. Due to the fact my infant was in and out of the hospital with severe asta. We […]