I had the procedure done in 2012 and that was the absolute worst pain I have ever experienced. Everything had been fine up until Labor Day of this year. I have had a stabbing sharp pain in my abdomen/pelvic area everytime I went to the bathroom and has graduated to anytime. I have had lower back pain that doesn’t go away no matter what I do. I have also had joint (hip) pain as well as headaches. I have had an ovarian cyst rupture for the first time in my 38 years. I have had an ultrasound, ct scan, mri, and a colonoscopy with no apparent cause of the pain. My sister and my husband both asked if it could be the Essure but I didn’t think so at the time. Now after reading all these stories of similar symptoms I am beginning to think maybe it is the Essure. I have an appointment with my OBGYN soon to discuss whats going on. I will give y’all an update as soon as I can. Thank you to everyone who has been brave enough to put their stories out there. I no longer feel like I’m a wimp or that its all in my head.
- Jodi’s Story Hi There, thank you so much for doing this Erin. I have thought that I was going crazy for the past 5 years. I had the Essure procedure done in 2010. Until the past few months, I had no […]
- Brandie’s Story I recently visited the ER with pelvic pain. They did ultrasounds and ct scans, another ultrasound ordered by my PCP. Today I found out that along with the fibroid tumor […]
- Jen’s Story At 29 years old, I had the Essure procedure on March 28, 2013. I was sore after the procedure and my abdomen was swollen, but thought that this was normal and would pass. Then 5 days went […]
- Nancy’s Story When I became pregnant with my second child at the age of 38 in 2010 I talk to my doctor about having my tubes tied. given my past history of the IUD and ovarian cyst I had a long talk […]
- Susan’s Story I had the Essure procedure done 6 years ago. This year, there has been a variety of problems in my abdomen. I had, what was diagnosed as a ruptured ovarian cyst because of horrible pain. […]
- Sascha’s Story I thought getting the essure was the best birth control for me. I had three children and knew I was not wanting any more it was a newer form out I thought I would give it a go. Sad thing […]