I had Essure done in October of 2012, HSG test in January of 2013. This test showed the right tube was blocked but the left coil had exited the tube completely. Its current position is unknown and I have major concerns about this coil perforating or attaching to other organs. I am angry that I will have to have other surgery, potentially a major one, to get this coil removed since it is not where it should be.
Looking back over the brochure I received from my doctor, it never listed anything about this as a possibility. My doctor is unsure how to move forward other than offering me a hysterectomy, which seems so radical to me. But on the other hand, I do not want to have a foreign object ‘floating’ around inside of me, so to speak. I am very frustrated that I (and all the other women who are having issues) have no recourse with Conceptus. It’s not right and it’s unfair and it’s robbing of us our health!
- Jena’s Story I was 26 years old when I had the essure procedure. I had the essure procedure done in 2012. I am an RN who had knowledge about the procedure, before during and after surgery. I had […]
- Cliana’s Story I has the Essure procedure in October 2010. My OB/Gyn talked me into having the procedure done because he said it not as invasive for me as it would be for my husband to have a vasectomy. […]
- Ashley’s Story I had the Essure procedure done about 2 years ago this March after having my 3rd little boy. Three boys were enough to keep me engaged and active for awhile, so at that time I decided to […]
- Kelli’s Story My name is Kelli. I had the Essure procedure done in 2008/2009 time frame. The actual procedure went fine; I went back in 6 weeks to have the HSG test performed to be sure the procedure […]
- Stephanie’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in August 2011 and really wished I wouldn't have. My doctor told me she had to do it at the hospital because I had to be put under sedation and it would […]
- Robin’s Story Erin is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT. My essure coils (in spite of the little round things suspended from the ends to keep this from happening) perforated through two walls and the other was […]