I was 26 years old when I had the essure procedure. I had the essure procedure done in 2012. I am an RN who had knowledge about the procedure, before during and after surgery. I had severe cramping and spotting after the procedure. Was told that I probably just had a UTI. Continued to have the cramping and at my 3-month HSG testing it was determined that one of my coils was in the correct place but the other one was ‘dislodged’. I was then informed that I was going to need laproscopic surgery. After the surgery, I dound out that one of my coils perforated my uterus and lodged in my abdominal cavity and the coil that showed that it was in place on the test perforated my uterus wrapped around my filobian tube and attached to my coil. My doctor told me that I was lucky that the coil didnt perforate my colon. I could’ve ended up with a colostomy bag. I had to have a tubal ligation done and have not had any problems since.
- Cairnie’s Story I had Essure done Feb 28, 2012. All seemed to go well until I had the 3 month follow up HSG confirmation test. It showed that one of the coils perforated my uterus and was in a coiled up […]
- Jessica’s Story After having my son in May 2010, my husband and I decided our family was complete. I did not want to stay in the hospital any longer to schedule the traditional procedure, so my […]
- Eliza’s Story I had the Essure coils placed around 2004, when it was still quite new. The HSG followup confirmed tubal blockage, and I didn't really think about them much after that. In July 2015 I […]
- Kelli’s Story My name is Kelli. I had the Essure procedure done in 2008/2009 time frame. The actual procedure went fine; I went back in 6 weeks to have the HSG test performed to be sure the procedure […]
- Mary’s Story In 2011 I underwent the Essure procedure soon after I started having migraines to the point of becoming violently ill, being rushed to the ER, and a lot of abdominal pain. After […]
- Christy’s Story I had the essure surgery on January 31, 2012 and it was the worst mistake of my life. I have had severe pain ever since and just learned yesterday that the coils are lodged into my uterus. […]