I had the Essure procedure done at my doctors office in June 2012. My doctor of over 20 years did the procedure. from the moment the coils were put in I had pain. My doctor told me this would subside. However, it did not. After several days of Vicodin and being in bed,I called my doctor. I was then scheduled to have an abdominal ct scan. The next day my doctor called to tell me the ct scan showed one of the coils had punctured my fallopian tube on the right side. She advised me I would need surgery to have the coils removed. I agreed and had the surgery of course this was a couple weeks after. My doctor advised me my fallopian tube had to be removed on the right side and both coils were removed. my doctor said the coil was straight instead of curved. My doctor also stated the manufacturer of essure was at the hospital the day of my surgery and they had examined the coils and found no defects. I still have severe pain on the right side during my periods that nothing can relieve. Two months ago I discussed the severe pain and was told it could be a car tissue and I would need to get a scope to see what is going on. I have not had that done yet. I wish I never would have had this procedure.
- Pamela’s Story After discussing birth control options with my doctor, I decided to have the essure procedure in June 2012. My doctor assured me it was safe, could be done in the office, and was minimal […]
- Aurelia’s Story I went to my gynecologist for my annual check up in Nov. 2008. I inquired about getting back on depo provera, which I had once used for at least 10 years, when my doctor began to explain […]
- Karen’s Story I had the Essure procedure done back in 2002. It was a great option because I could go in and out with really no days off from work. The procedure went well. I went back to make sure […]
- Lori’s Story I had this procedure done in 2007 and had problems from day one. The coil that was placed in my right fallopian tube was rejected right away during the procedure and had to be removed and […]
- Cristina’s Story The stories that I have read about Essure are not only disturbing but upseting. Back in 2008 my doctor raved about a new procedure called Essure and the benefits of having it done. At […]
- Jeanifer’s Story I'm 38 years old and had a hysterectomy 5 years ago this week. I had the Essure put in and was excited because I had a hard time with traditional hormone birth control. In less than a year […]