I had the Essure procedure in March last year and it has been the biggest nightmare! I had been bleeding for six months non-stop and was scheduled for a Hysterectomy on October 25th. Two weeks before surgery everything stopped, the bleeding and the pain, so I didn’t have it done then.
On November 10th the bleeding came back, so I am having a Hysterectomy on December 18th. Essure is the biggest nightmare I’ve had, sharp pain, hot flushes, my schedule was totally reversed, mood swings, and on top of it all I’ve gained 20 pounds, so part of me is really glad I am getting this thing out! I am so surprised by all the bad cases Essure has had, and I would love to get some sort of compensation for all the damage it has caused in my personal life, thanks Erin for this site!
- Jamie’s Story I had Essure put in on 9/18/2006 by my OB/GYN in the navy. I was never told it could or would be this painful to live with. I get horrible headaches, severe abdominal pain and cramps. I'm […]
- Rhonda’s Story I had this procedure done only right days ago…. In the last week since the procedure I have experienced excruciating abdominal cramps, hot flashes, very heavy bleeding, headaches and […]
- Angelique’s Story I had the procedure performed in February of 2012. After 2 HSG studies done, I never scarred & one of the implants was floating around in my uterus, to which my OB told me would come […]
- Erin’s Story I had the essure put in 08′ after I had the Mirena taken out due to complications with that. I thought why not, I have my 1 child I wanted, settled in my relationship, and didnt […]
- Gretchen’s Story The Essure procedure was pretty painful, I went through a lot before the procedure it's self and had to go to a specialist at another location. My massive problem with it all is similar to […]
- Sharon’s Story Greetings, I too have experienced an Essure nightmare. After giving birth to our fourth child, my husband and I decided to both have permanent birth control procedures. Since I didn't […]