I had the Essure procedure when I was 21 in June 2008. My doctor suggested it as the best birth control as I didn’t want anymore children. My children were both in diapers being 14 months apart. I got pregnant again after having this done in December 2009. Since the procedure my menstrual cycle only last 3 days with with a severe cramping, heavy flow and huge blood clots. I’m so glad to know its not just me. I tell everyone considering this method not to do it. It has been the worst thing ever.
- Tyasha’s Story Every day I regret the day I got the Essure procedure. It's good to see I'm not the only one. I'm a single mother of 3 and I hate that I chose this procedure, but of course the Doctor […]
- Brianne’s Story In May of 2011, I went in to have the Essure procedure done. We were done having children and had thought that it would be easiest procedure as we wanted something permanent. It was less […]
- Felica’s Story Hello, My name is Felica Terry. I'm 29 and a mother of 3. I had the essure procedure done back in 2009. After my second child I had a blood clot go to my left lung; due to this I was […]
- Michelle’s Story I had my son in July of 2005. I knew because of the complications of the pregnancy, premature birth and my age that he would be my last child. In October of that year I decided that the […]
- Jacqueline’s Story In August of 2003, I was diagnosed with ITP (Immune Thrombocytopenia Purpura), a rare low blood platelet disorder. Leading up to this diagnosis, I was beginning to have abnormally […]
- Iris’s Story Hi, my name is Iris. I had the Essure procedure done April of 2009. From the start I've had horrible lower back pain and menstrual pain. My periods were very heavy and lasts for a week. […]