I have had my Essure implant since May 2005. Before I had my last child, I was already considering having my tubes tide, but I was not considering Essure. I was a full-time college student and a part-time working mother. I had conceived 4 beautiful children. I was sure I was not having any more children after.
Essure was very new at the time and heard a few good stories about the Essure implants. Starting from permanent birth control, not interferring with your menstrual cycle, not worrying about incision and less painful. I didn’t realize the Essure would have a big impact on life now.
Since my implants, I have had abnormal menstral cycle, constant cramping, legs tingling or aching, weight gain, and occasional spotting. Of course, I make complaints and prefer removing them. In 2009, I had lost my 13-year-old son suddenly. Now, essure has put me through occasional depression and painful regrets.
- Susan’s Story After having 3 wonderful children, my husband and I decided our family was complete. We spoke with my O.B. about different options. He suggested Essure. I was told […]
- Heather’s Story I like to tell people that I was a 'late bloomer.' I was married for ten years and never got pregnant. Then at age 38, I got pregnant for the first time and my husband and I were […]
- Lisa’s Story I had ESSURE implants done in May 2008 by Dr….. ., who i was told was the only doctor in my area that was trained to do the ESSURE procedure. I was informed that it was not […]
- April’s Story I had my Essure procedure done in early 2010, shortly after the birth of my fourth daughter. I was told by my doctor that the procedure was easier than having my husband get a vasectomy. […]
- Gina’s Story About 2 years ago in 2011 after having my 5th child I went in for my essure procedure. My doctor said it was the best choice for me and that it was completely safe. I was hesitant but was […]
- Brandy’s Story I am a 34 year old mother of a beautiful 11 year old daughter and my beautiful twin boys who have just turned 3. After my twins were born I wanted a permanent means of birth control. I […]