I am a physician that has removed over 100 of these devices.
The symptoms in patients varied from none to severe pelvic pain, skin rashes, joint pain, painful periods, metalic taste in the mouth, back pain and on and on. When we first began to remove these devices we told patients not to expect too much but it quickly became obvious that most, if not all, their symptoms went away. The majorityof our patients want to get pregnant again and we hooked their tubes back up (their not supposed to be reversable) but about 20% just want them out so we tied their tubes after removing the Essures. In Europe thes things cannot be used without testing for nickel allergy but that’s not the case in the U.S. If you have trouble with inexpensive gold ear posts you probably should not have an Essure. They put nickel in the gold to save money and the Essure coils have nickel in them. There is no need to have a hysterectomy to remove an Essure, they need to be removed with microsurgery. Its a relatively inexpensive outpatient procedure.
William Greene M.D.
Lakeshore Surgical Center
- Chie’s Story I had essure done three years ago after having three children. About a month after the procedure was done, severe itchy eczema started on palms of both hands to the point that skins […]
- Tabatha’s Story In my initial consultation with Dr. Carolyn Hixson, she assured me that the essure procedure was safe and really effective. At which time I informed her of my intolerance to many metals […]
- Crista’s Story I had Essure coils put in after my last miscarriage in 2008. I was told it was a safer alternative to traditional tubal ligation due to being less invasive without incisions. I have had […]
- Jessinia’s Story June 2013 was my essure procedure. I'm 42 years old and I have skin problems, bloating, headaches and was told by my doctor its not related to essure. Now I had skin problems ever since […]
- Leola’s Story At 29 years old I had my only child, worst pain I thought. I asked about getting fixed and she said ok. I went in for clamps to be put on my tubes, well she could not brake through my […]
- Krista’s Story Hello, Thanks for having this forum to tell our stories. Mine is one that has involved 10 years of joint pain, generally feeling unwell, 'foggy' sort of cognition, and a gradual […]