I had my essure procedure done in 2007. I was never able to take birth control pills due to side effects, so after I had my son and was sure i didn’t want anymore children i decided to do the essure procedure because it was suppose to be non-surgical, permanent, and a safe form of birth control. The procedure itself should be surgical. It was very painful for me to have the procedure done in the dr’s office without any kind of sedation. I had always been on a set menstrual schedule. it came every month same time, moderate flow, lasting 5 days.After the essure procedure I never knew when I was going to start, my flow increased dramtically, and i had cramps as bad as labor pains every month. The pains and the heaviness of my flow was so bad I eventually ended up having a complete hysterectomy. So trying to avoid having a surgical procedure like tube tying I ended up having to have a huge surgery due to the essure product. I strongly urge any woman to please do plenty of research on any procedure they plan to have done, and i definately would not recommend the essure procedure to anyone.
- Amy’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in May 2011 in my doctors office. I returned back to work on Monday. I did not have any complications the first few weeks after having it done and only had […]
- Amy’s Story hello my name is amy and i am 32 years old i was 26 when i had the essure done in jan 08 after my daughter was born. my dr told me he could not just cut and tie my tubes since i gave birth […]
- Amy’s Story hello i had my essure done in january of 2008 and every since then i have had the back pain to the point i had to go to the er to get something for the pain. i have had extremely heavy […]
- Nicole’s Story I am the mother of four wonderful children. All under the age of 8 at this point! I had tried other birth control in the past but had suffered from negative symptoms. My regular ob office […]
- Amy’s Story My Dr. recommended the Essure procedure back in 2006 due to my age and not wanting me to take birth control pills. After this procedure, I had a pinching pain, but did not immediately […]
- Amy’s Story I had Essure in 2008, after the birth of my 6th child, a preemie. She was premature due to the fact that I have stage 3 kidney disease. My husband and I feel incredibly blessed with six […]