I had the Essure procedure done in May 2011 in my doctors office. I returned back to work on Monday. I did not have any complications the first few weeks after having it done and only had slight bleeding occur the day that I had the procedure done. It had appeared I had made the right decision for birth control after having 3 children. However a few weeks after returning to work I had severe pain occur in my lower abdomen. So severe that it caused me to go down to one knee. The pain only lasted a few minutes. But during that time I had passed something that I was unable to determine what it was.
I immediately called my gynecologist and explained to his nurse over the phone what had happened. Later she told me the doctor said not to worry about it. A few days later I began what appeared as a normal period. I bled for 2 months until my dr finally gave me birth control pills. After only taking the pills for a week my bleeding stopped and I had a normal period for 3 months. In January 2012 8 months after having the Essure procedure and 10 months after the birth of my 3rd child, I took a home pregnancy test. Today I have a beautiful happy 11 month old baby boy. I wouldn’t take anything for him!
- Amy’s Story I had my essure procedure done in 2007. I was never able to take birth control pills due to side effects, so after I had my son and was sure i didn't want anymore children i decided to do […]
- Patty’s Story Essure is the one decision in my life that I regret. I regret that I did not do any research about it other than the Essure website and the pamphlet my GYN gave me. That is a mistake I […]
- Lisa’s Story Im 2009 After trying to fight pre cancer cells other ways I was told the next solution was to have a permanent birth control procedure done to stop my periods & hopefully kill the […]
- Brittany’s Story I got the essure 9 months ago. I was going to get regular tubal but dr recommended essure. Hed delivered all 3 of my kids, so i trusted him. The first 8 months after i bleed, THE ENTIRE 8 […]
- Amy’s Story I had the essure done in January, 2010. I have been suffering from many issues since then but never put 2 & 2 together until I came across a story on a local news channel. Prior to […]
- Nicole’s Story I am the mother of four wonderful children. All under the age of 8 at this point! I had tried other birth control in the past but had suffered from negative symptoms. My regular ob office […]