I had the Essures inserted in 2005 after an ablation due to severe menses. From the time the Essure was inserted, I had severed left lower quadrant pain.
I had multiple doctors try to figure out reason for pain (from urinary specialist; gynecological-urinary specialist; multiple gynecologists; and general surgeon). I had exploratory surger May 2008 with questionable nerve damage, uterine prolapse, hernia, or cysts. Nothing was seen in exploratory surgery. Surgeon said he suspected a nerve bundle was possibly being hit by the by Essure causing pain.
No relief was found and continued to have ultrasounds while followed closely by a gynecologist and urologist. Finally, with no other options, gynecologist decided hysterectomy was only choice so was completed in May 2009.
Gynecologist who inserted Essure in 2005 gave me no other choice and no possible side effects discussed. I feel I still have some residual damage on the left side from these Essures because I still have pain on that side that cannot be explained. I switched gynecologists as soon as the LLQ began and he seemed lost.
- April’s Story In 2003 I was convinced by my doctor to get the essure. I do not think I had enough time to realize that it is permanent and things change in people's lives and you might not always feel […]
- Cassandra’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in January 2004 and have experienced multiple issues ever since. It started off simple enough with what I thought were menstrual cramps, even though I had […]
- Roxanne’s Story I had my Essure procudure done 2-25-13. I waitied until after my 3 month to be tested before I saw my Doctor to tell him the pressure and pain I was having. My 3 month test showed my […]
- Sarah’s Story Hello! My name is Sarah and I’m a 30-year-old mother of two wonderful children. I had the procedure done October 2012. My doctors recommended it because doing a laproscopic tubal ligation […]
- Bethaney’s Story In November of 2005 I got the Essure procedure done. At the follow up from the surgery when they did a ultrasound to check it they said it looked great. Just 2 months after the 6 week […]
- Megan’s Story I had the Essure procedure in May of 2010. Since I had the Essure proceudre my periods have been heavy, at times my periods would come 2 times a month lasting a week or longer. Sometimes I […]