I am a 31 year old mother of two children. I had the Essure process done in late 2009.
Since it was done my periods have been very heavy and sporadic. About 5 months ago now I began having my period twice a month and bleeding for over 8 days at a time. I began to have mood swings, hot flashes, and I am bloated all the time. I sought out help from my gynecologist and after an exam, blood work, and an ultrasound she recommended I get a hysterectomy. I have not gone that rout as of yet; but to date I am bleeding everyday and going through more than two tampons in an hour at some points in time. I was in the ER yesterday and almost had to have a blood transfusion because of how much blood I am losing.
I read all the stories from the others on here and there is no doubt in my mind that our problems are in fact from the Essure.
I am dumbfounded as to how this can happen when I was told that this process was the safest and most effective form of birth control in the world.
- Jeannie’s Story I got the Essure done in October of 2013 since than it has not been checked on I have pains in my pelvic area it feels like I'm in labor again when my cycle starts. When I'm not on my […]
- Crystal’s Story In February 2012, after the passing of my husband, I decided I was not going to have any more children. Today is November 8, 2014 and I found out 2 days ago, I am 11 weeks PREGNATE! My […]
- Ashley’s Story I had the Essure placed in my body in 2010 after my fourth child. I have had complications since then. Since having the Essure coils placed in my body, my periods are seriously heavy, that […]
- Heather’s Story I had the procedure performed about 6 weeks ago. Prior to and during the procedure it was explained to me that it was for the most part painless, quick and reliable. The insertion which […]
- Jennifer’s Story Hello, my name is Jenna. I am the mother of seven-yours, mine, and ours. After the birth of my daughter, in 2008, I had the Essure implant so that I would not have anymore children…I […]
- Kayla’s Story I am currently 23 years old with two children. After complications with the second I decided I never wanted to get pregnant again. First, my doctor recommend the IUD. After 3 weeks I felt […]