I received Essure in 2012, after my Doctor suggested that it would be the best solution for me in the way of permanent birth control. I of course had hang-ups about leaving a foreign object in my body forever but, after a very lengthy conversation, my ‘trusted’ doctor assured me that it was completely safe. I have just recently learned that all of the issues I have been having for the past 5 1/2 years, leads directly back to Essure. None of my issues started until after the Essure was implanted. I have been to multiple doctors and had multiple tests, with no diagnosis to explain my symptoms; with the exception of a few doctors suggesting that ‘getting older’ is the reason for many of them (I’m now 37 years old). My symptoms include: migraines, brain fog, bloating, weight fluctuation, painful intercourse, bleeding during and after intercourse, heavy menstrual flow, very painful mestrual cramping, hair loss, fatigue, and depression. If I would’ve been advised, before, what I could’ve been facing down the road… I would’ve never chosen Essure. I feel betrayed.
- Ashley’s Story I have had essure since 2011. Since then I have had depression and anxiety. So extreme that I have suicidal thoughts. I have had tremendous hair loss, I actually have a bald spot on the […]
- Amanda’s Story I had the ensure procedure done in 2008, I have experienced sharp pain, hair loss, brain fog, insomnia more. I regret getting this done and wish I would have done more research. It has […]
- Paula’s Story My problems began almost as soon as I had the procedure. I'm dealing with chronic migraines, chronic fatigue, muscle pain & weakness, brain fog & more. I had to stop working in […]
- Sandra’s Story I had Essure implanted on March 2, 2009. I was looking for a permanent form of birth control that would also stop my heavy periods. My Dr. Said this world do the trick and be awesome […]
- Kim’s Story Hey everyone! My name is Kim and I had Essure placed October 2012. Let me just say before Essure, I had energy and felt amazing! Shortly after getting the procedure, about 3 months […]
- Bindy-Ann’s Story I was implanted with Essure on 21st August 2012 when I saw my gyno to have my tubes cut and tied but he talked how wonderful Essure is. I was never asked if I was allergic to nickle or was […]