5 years ago following the birth of my 5th child, my doctor suggested this method as a permenent birth controll. I agreed and received a depoprovera shot a month in advanc, then had the procedure. It was followed by excruciating pain that just got worse. Following an allergy test a few weeks later, it turns out I was having an allergic reaction, so at 30, I had a Partial hysterectomy. During the folowing 2 years I was treated for numerous ovarian cysts from the depo shot. I still have pain and intimacy issues post hysterectomy.
- Maria’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in Sept 09. Within a month, I had a period that lasted 30 days. This happened every other month for the first 6 months. I went to see my Doctor and voiced […]
- Tabitha’s Story After having my fourth child I decided I was ready for a permanent form of birth control. I told my doctor right after I had my baby that I wanted to have a tubal ligation done. He […]
- Shalia’s Story My name is Shalia I am 30, but I was 22 at the time I got the Essure. I had just had my 2nd child and made the decision that 2 was enough for me so I began speaking with my doctor about a […]
- Bethaney’s Story In November of 2005 I got the Essure procedure done. At the follow up from the surgery when they did a ultrasound to check it they said it looked great. Just 2 months after the 6 week […]
- Michele’s Story I also had the essure procedure done in 2010 after the birth of my 5th child. After the procedure i suffered from severe pain throughout the month. I began to develop very painful cysts […]
- Megan’s Story I had the Essure procedure in May of 2010. Since I had the Essure proceudre my periods have been heavy, at times my periods would come 2 times a month lasting a week or longer. Sometimes I […]