I researched permanent birth control options after my fourth child was born and after much research and by reccommendation from my doctors I picked Essure. During my surgery while the surgeon was implanting them one of the coils perforated my uterus. They stopped immediately and I was unable to have the procedure performed. I then opted for a normal tubal ligation after my perforation had healed. Having your uterus perforated is the single handed most painful experience of my life. I would have had 10 more kids compared to that.
I have had chronic sharp menstral pain and a huge amount of cysts since then.
- Debra’s Story I had my second and last child in 2009. I told my Obgyn I wanted my tubes tied and she mentioned that I should try Essure because it was a quick easy procedure and I wouldn't have to miss […]
- Jenny’s Story About 6 years ago, I had the essure procedure done to save my husband from having a vasectomy. My doctor told me it was much less invasive than a vasectomy and a quicker recovery. Not long […]
- Cristina’s Story I had my Essure placed several months ago. We did it because my co-pay for the essure was only 20$ while the co-pay for my husbands vascectomy 250$ even though they were both done in the […]
- Monica’s Story I got essure in late 2012, after 4 kids and wanting something permanent my gyno suggested that was the best option, oh how betrayed I feel. Things have changed for me as well as for my […]
- Nicolle’s Story I have 4 really great kids which I love more than life. After my youngest daughter was born, I decided to have a hysterectomy because I was too fertile. My doctor said a hysterectomy at my […]
- Cliana’s Story I has the Essure procedure in October 2010. My OB/Gyn talked me into having the procedure done because he said it not as invasive for me as it would be for my husband to have a vasectomy. […]