I have 4 really great kids which I love more than life. After my youngest daughter was born, I decided to have a hysterectomy because I was too fertile. My doctor said a hysterectomy at my age of 29 was to much and suggested Essure. My doctor told me Essure would be best for me considering I wouldnt lose time off of work and it was very safe and painless. I had the procedure done and it was just as he said until 2 years ago. I had a cyst that ruptured and it was extremely painful. Afterward, I continued to have UTI’s and more cysts followed by horrible menstrual cycles and constant bleeding, abdominal and back pain. I have been reading reviews and stories of women who have similar or the same issues. I have had 2 ultrasounds thus far and finally went back to my OBGYN and told him i couldnt take the pain anymore. I am finally having a hysterectomy tomorrow! I am now having to pay more money than i ever expected and take time off work to heal. I just want my body back to normal. I have been told that it is not Essure that is causing the pains and cysts and bleeding. I have been told that it is chronic pelvic pain!!
- Nicolle’s Story My name is Nicolle and in December of 2007 I had my second daughter. About 2 weeks after I had her, I became very ill and was in and out of the emergency room for about a week until they […]
- Heather’s Story Hi my name is Heather. I had the Essure procedure done in September 2013, and the hysterosalpingogram (HSG) done in December 2013. I have had pain every day since the procedure. I […]
- Jennifer’s Story After having three children, and horrible menstral cycles, my husband and I spoke with my OB/GYN and had decided to go with the Essure procedure and ablation at the same time. My essure […]
- Kari’s Story I researched permanent birth control options after my fourth child was born and after much research and by reccommendation from my doctors I picked Essure. During my surgery while the […]
- Joy’s Story Hello everyone I had the procesure done in 2010. Since then I have been miserable. My quality of life has diminished tremendously. I have never had menstrual cramps until I had the […]
- Racheal’s Story I was 19 years old when my doctor discussed Essure with me. He had me believe Essure was like an IUD and it was not permanent. I was not informed of the risks of Essure and was under the […]