I had my Essure procedure done in late 2010 after i had my third child. I was lead to believe it was the best way to go and the best birth control out there. I originally had planned to get my tubes tied but my doctor informed me that with Essure it’s a quick recovery and i can take care of my 3 kids while my husband wasn’t home with out being in pain. So, with out doing my research, i took it. Now going on 4 years later i regret it with every fiber of my being! I wasn’t having any problems at all until about 3 weeks ago. It started with extreme fatigue and went from there, i’m having so many pregnancy symptoms like feeling weird sensations in my pelvic area that are best described as flutters or stretching uterus perhaps? I am going to take a pregnancy test in a couple days and see what the results are. I’m nervous that i might be pregnant but even more nervous that it could be my coils finally starting to bother me. I have had the worst back pain i’ve ever felt in my life! Essure is NOT worth it, if i could take back the day i got my procedure done i would have ran out of that dr’s office!
- Christine’s Story In October, 2013 at 32 years old, I had my 4th child. When talking about a more permanant method of birth control, by doctor told me about Essure. I was not sold on it and kept trying to […]
- Tamara’s Story I had the essure procedure done 2 years ago after having my 4th child, my husband and I decided on NO MORE KIDS. I got the dye test done to confirm my tubes were sealed/blocked and my […]
- Lisa’s Story My name is Lisa and I am currently 42 years old. At the age of 4o I found out that I was pregnant for the second time with thoughts of this pregnancy being my last one. In the state of […]
- Monique’s Story I had my procedure done exactly a month after giving birth to my sixth child. I'd heard of the procedure before, in fact I was supposed to have it done after the birth of my fifth child, […]
- Jennifer’s Story I had my first child when I was 30, my second child in February, 2012 at the age of 32. I have been healthy my whole life, and both pregnancies were text book perfect as well as my […]
- Stephanie’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in 2009, shortly after having my second daughter. My husband and I felt our family was complete and my ob/gyn suggested this procedure because it was […]