My name is, Melissa. I am a mother of 3 children. I had baby 3 at age 29. I had a rough pregnancy, my husband was serving his country, deployed in Iraq. I had the baby mid-June 2009. I decided to get essure instead of him having a sterilization, I figured it would be easier for me to get sterilized. He was coming home on R&R for Christmas 2009. I was alone, so I didn’t want to do cut, tie, and burn. I was going to go back on the IUD Mirena but didn’t want an oops! I had female complications to begin with since I stated menstruating. My doctor never once told me about the hell I would endure would be worse than the hell I already lived with. Because of Essure I had to live with a heating pad, I constantly had a period it wouldn’t stop. I was taking 1600mg of ibuprofen every 2 hours for the excruciating pain. I became depressed and my hormones were so messed up I was anemic I had to then go onto an anti-depressant. I kept going to the gyne specialist to get help, nothing helped. Finally to get some relief from the constant pain I had to have a partial hysterectomy. I went from a liveable nightmare that came during the beginning of menstrual and after Essure it was never relieved. This needs to be stopped.
- Kylie’s Story At almost 31 years old, I am now pregnant with my 5th child. Even though I had the Essure procedure done last year to prevent any further pregnancies. I am only 10 weeks, and in constant […]
- Claudia’s Story Hello I'm 35 years old and have 3 children. Due to high risk and premature deliveries, my OB and I agreed that 3rd baby was the last. Due to her arriving 2 months early I didn't get to […]
- Alicia’s Story I decided to have an ablation due to complications with a bleeding disorder I have had my whole life. Since we were not planning to have any more children after having four of our own and […]
- Laurel’s Story I had the Essure implants shortly after I have birth to my second child. My husband and I talked and decided that we were happy with 2 children, and since both pregnancies were trying in […]
- Crystal’s Story I had my Essure done in August of 2012. It seemed like the best option at the time. Since then I bled for the first several months straight, and now for the last 3 I have not at all. So […]
- Crystal’s Story I am 31 years old. I have had 6 kids, 5 in which are living. After several attempts to have a normal, healthy pregnancy ( baby ) and failing ; my husband and I decided to give up and get […]