I went to my Dr for a miscarriage. Through all the visits, over a 5 month span, i went to him with dozens of questions regarding essure. I wanted this because we knew we were done having kids and I’m incredibly sensitive to side effects from birth control (I’ve tried them all). He reassured me that there was no down time, no side effects and that none of the women he implanted ever complained of any problems. After 5 months of questioning i decided to do it. I got essure in May of 2014. The procedure itself was quick and painless. I went back for my dye test 3 months later. My tubes were closed and everything was great. Fast forward to now, November 2014. 6 short months later and I’ve gained 30lbs, developed severe acne, dizzy,shaky,light headed, headaches that last days,cramps that feel like full blown labor and heavy irregular bleeding. I get my period for 6 weeks and its gone for 2 then back for 6. I’m now anemic due to all the blood I’ve lost. I go through a pad/tampon every 2 hours, 3 hours on a REALLY good day. My journey to recovery from this is just beginning. Please be informed, don’t make the same mistake so many of us did.
- Judy’s Story I am 28 years old I had 2 boys thought I wouldn't never have another one until I met the man of my dreams who had 3 kids of his own we then decided we wanted to have another one so now I […]
- Angela’s Story I had two miscarriages which isn't an issue since I have a boy and a girl already. I asked my doctor to tie, snip or burn my tubes I didn't care about the recovery time, I just dont want […]
- Sonia’s Story I decided that the Essure was the option for me, I am going to be 39 have 2 children, my oldest 17 with cerebral palsy and decided essure was the best option because there was no […]
- Anna’s Story Hello! My name is Anna. I have four kids. In February 2011 I have done Essure procedure. After three months later, I have done X-Ray HSG .The report said that a Fallopian tubes are 100% […]
- Kathryn’s Story I am 29, I have one son (8) and I've had 6 unexplained miscarriages. Back in March I went to the GYN office I have been going to since I was 13. I had not been to that office in sometime […]
- Robin’s Story I am Robin. I have had many complications as a woman. I had many miscarriages, 9 to be exact. I then had major surgery to have my children. After my surgery in 2006 I was blessed with my […]