I have had problems from the day I had Essure implanted. My left one went in fine and my right one hurt so bad that my doctor had to have me come back a few days later to place it again.
Shortly after implantation I had a slightly prolapsed uterus, and I was only 29 at the time. I had them placed in 2008 and wish every day that I had not gotten them. I have horrible migraines, severe back pain, numbness in my right leg, fatigue, nausea and diarrhea, numb fingers, and so many other issues since having this done. I have been on so many medications and therapies until recently I stopped it all because nothing was helping.
I now live on an unhealthy dose of Advil hoping it will just take the edge off. I have an exploratory scheduled for next Monday to decide if, at the age of 33, I need to have a hysterectomy. I truly feel the this product needs to be researched and held accountable for the many women it has hurt.
- Michelle’s Story Hi I had essure implanted in Oct. 2013, after the implant I experienced heavy bleeding that lasted longer than a normal menstrual cycle. There were large blood clot and the worst […]
- Elizabeth’s Story Hello, first thank you to Erin Brockovich for setting this web page up and also to the other women who have shared. Given the difficulties other women have reported, I almost feel guilty […]
- Lindsay’s Story I am a 35 year old mom of 2 (ages 10 and 14) and I had the procedure done is 2007. I first thought this was the greatest thing I had done. There was no down time and no complications. […]
- Akasha’s Story I RECENTLY CAME ACROSS THE ABC ACTION NEWS STORY ABOUT ESSURE, AND INSTANTANEOUSLY BECAME TEARFUL. IT WAS LIKE A WHOLE NEW WORLD, AND WITH PEOPLE THAT ARE GOING THROUGH WHAT I AM […]
- Andrea’s Story I had Essure implanted 8 years ago after my last child. I had started suffering heavy bleeding, clotting, and getting abnormal migraine headaches these past 3 years. I often wondered where […]
- April’s Story I had my Essure procedure done in early 2010, shortly after the birth of my fourth daughter. I was told by my doctor that the procedure was easier than having my husband get a vasectomy. […]