Like many other women I was looking for a reliable birth control method. So when I went in for my annual check up I was told about this new method in birth control. It sounded great I didn’t want to have anymore children so I thought this was for me. I had my procedure done in December of 2010. To start off it was extremely painful. Afterwards I was experiencing a great deal of pain. To make things worse they had to do the procedure twice on my right side because they said it didn’t take the first time. Its been almost 4 years since I got this done and I regret it so much. I deal with constant abdominal pain. I have sharp pains that come from no where. I have to say that overall my health isn’t as great as it use to be. I’ve been seeing a lot more of my doctor as well because of issue that have arouse since getting this done. I am in the process to trying to have the coils removed. My advise to any women thinking about getting this done is don’t do it. You will regret it.
- Evelyn’s Story My husband and I decided we were done having children after my fifth child and only son. I had spoken with my OB/GYN regarding permanent birth control throughout my pregnancy and firmly […]
- Patricia’s Story Hi everyone, my name is Patricia Rhodes. Early in 2000 my EX-husband decided we didn't want to have to pay for yearly exams and birth control for me. I had been on Depo Provera birth […]
- Jennifer’s Story I'm a young mother of three, after my last child I had the essure implants done back in October 2013. A year later after all the pain and problems I have experienced I am having them […]
- Brittney’s Story Hello, my name is Brittney and I have been researching here recently about the devastating side effects from the Essure procedure. I got mine done in 2010 soon after my son was born, was […]
- Rana’s Story Hello in 2011 my OBGYN doctor told me that I had no other choice but to get the Essure coils after my second child was born because it wasn't safe for me to have anymore children and he […]
- Mimi’s Story While I cannot say I experienced much pain during my Essure procedure I certainly have had an abundance of problems since having the inserts put in. From headaches and back, neck, leg and […]