In 2013 after having my 2nd child thru c-section, I felt I nearly died with all the medical complications. Prior to labor, I asked my doctor to perform a tubal ligation while doing c-section and signed all paperwork. After my c-section, I asked my doctor and he said he did not perform the tubal because he forgot. A couple months later I went into his office for the Essure and 2 years later, found out I was pregnant with twins!!! My 8 years old was not happy and my husband and I were devastated.
I had made plans to go back to medical school thinking my childbearing days were over. I was at wits end and very fearful of the whole child labor part. I saw a new doctor and he told me I had an unhealthy pregnancy and that I should terminate. He also said the Essure device fell out of my left fallopian. I was stressed and scared for a 2 months. I refused to terminate and wanted second opinion and I did not have insurance. I paid almost $1000 in med bills thru this and after my 3rd month of pregnancy, I miscarried. I bled so much for 8 days and boy was I in a lot of pain.
- Misty’s Story I had my son in 2005 and had complications due to a fall during pregnancy which caused severe back pain throughout my pregnancy and during labor. Due to medication I have to take daily I […]
- Jill’s Story My name is Jill Goddard, I am married with 2 children, 1 girl and 1 boy plus 2 step daughters. After my husband and I had our 2nd child, which was our boy, we decided that with 4 healthy […]
- Sara’s Story I was 8 weeks pregnant and found a tumor on my thyroid. Because of this we decided this would be our last child as we didn't know what the future would hold and pregnancy is very hard on […]
- Jennifer’s Story I decide to have the essure procedure after having my forth child. I love my kids, but as I am getting older. I was having a hard time with the pregnancies. I also had my uterus liner […]
- Aiesha’s Story I am 32 years old I had the essure procedure performed after my 4th child was born back in 2009. My doctor informed me of this new and very effective form of permanent birth control after […]
- Chelsea’s Story Essure was suggested to my by my doctor when I explained to her, after having twins on my first pregnancy, that I didn't want any more children. I am currently 28 yrs old. An old school […]