I was 8 weeks pregnant and found a tumor on my thyroid. Because of this we decided this would be our last child as we didn’t know what the future would hold and pregnancy is very hard on me. I wanted to have my tubes tied during my c-section but just weeks before my Dr. informed me that my insurance would not cover it because I had not signed paper work 30 days in advance. SO we were to discuss other options after my daughter was born. WHen she was 3 months old we started looking into other forms of permenant birth control. Because I have had 3 c-sections and one other abdominal surgery my Dr. suggested essure instead of a tubal ligation to avoid more scar tissue enternally. I was given a small booklet with some information in it and a website. I looked at the risk and was reassured that they were rare. I was then given the Depo shot to prep my uterus for the procedure. (Thyroid problems can be exassperated by depo, was never told this.) About a week later I started bleeding, thinking this was my period we weren’t concerned. I went in for the procedure and was very medicated in the office and really felt nothing. A few minutes into it my Dr. said we have to stop, we are in the worng spot something is wrong. I was bleeding heavily. My Dr. had perforated m uterus. I was told we would wait one month then try again. I have had this Dr. since the birth of my oldest son who is 12. I trust him. Or did. When it was time to try again I wasn’t nearly as out of it fro the meds and felt way more than I shoild have. I had to hold my husbands hand and the ultrasound tech who was guiding my Dr. to the right location. It was really painful. Then the device fell apart in my fallopian tube and he had to retrieve it. He tried again and placed the coil. Then placed the coil on the other side. AN hour later I went home with a precription for pain meds. I havne’t stopped bleeding since the shot. I started having serious pains on my right side and after a month of telling my Dr. it hurt he scheduled an ultrasound. One coil couldnt be seen, the other was sticking out of my tuibe into my uterus about 3/4 of the way. Any time we tried to have intercourse it would move and hurt. Sneezing, coughing etc all hurt. My Dr. wanted to wait for the confirmation test to see if we had been successful before deciding how to proceed with the traveling coil. I went in, the test never happened because the hospital screwed up my time and no one informed of needed blood work the day before. I am waiting to see my Dr. agian on Monday to discuss more options. I am now facing another surgery that this was meant to avaoid. The information given to paitents is misleading and I really feel this proceedure is dangerous and should be pulled off the market. I regret my decision to do this form of birth control and urge other women to never consider it.