I had ‘normal’ periods for the first 4 to 5 months after the surgery. They were very heavy, but lasted about 5 days and they were 28 days apart. Then they started coming in 24, then down to 18 days apart lasting a week. They were so heavy I would have to get up multiple times during the night to change my pad and was in the restroom every hour in a panic. My iron was so low that I could barely function. I was a complete wreck with PMS which I had never had before. I guess anyone would be miserable with only 10 days of no bleeding before starting again. I finally went to my primary doctor and I ended up going back on the pill. Luckily I’m not having major issues like some of you, and I am feeling so much better being back on hormones. Worthless surgery to me.
- Kayla’s Story My name is Kayla and I had the Essure procedure done March 24, 2014. It was very painful! The meds they gave me to take an hour before, I didn't feel the effects at all. Even the shot of […]
- Nicole’s Story Hello my name is Nicole, On March 8, 2010 I was given the Essure procedure due to my doctor telling me that they no longer did the tubal ligation because they found it was not that […]
- Lisa’s Story I had the Essure procedure performed around 2009 or maybe 2010. I have very heavy periods that last up to 4 or 5 weeks having to wear 2 maxi pads per changing, severe cramps. Sometimes I […]
- Sherelle’s Story I am a mother of two I'm 27 my son is 8 my daughter 2 after my daughter was born I got the essure procedure n wen I got it I had terrible back pain I had to stay out of work for a week it […]
- Thomasina’s Story I had this procedure done in 2006. Its been ok until about three years ago Ive been having heavy bleeding feeling always tired .Theirs time where I go to the gym i have to leave , because […]
- Tracey’s Story Implanted with Essure coils into my folopian tubes in 2003 via an OBGYN in a hospital to prevent future pregnancy due to not wanting any more kids. After 3 months I was assured coils were […]