To anyone who is considering this procedure:
Inform yourself and ask your doctor about all of the side effects. I was considering doing this procedure, myself, as my obgyn made it sound easy, pain free and relatively free if side effects. I am 35 years old and just had my 3rd baby 6 weeks ago. I’ve had complications with all three of my pregnancies s well as with my labors. With this said, my husband and I decided to stop at baby #3. So when I met with my obgyn for my postpartum appointment, I asked him again to explain the whole procedure and what it entailed. Assuming that Essure was reversible, I asked him if it could be reversed and he said, ‘No, this is permanent. If you have any doubts read some of the research that has been done and look up what Erin Brockovich has to say.’ I am so happy he gave me this advice. After reading a lot of the research and stories of side effects and complications I am most definitely not going to get this done to my body. Thank you, Erin Brockovich, and all of those brave women willing to speak out about this procedure and it’s negative consequences. Bless you all!
- Valerie’s Story I had the Essure coils implanted in August 2011. For over a year, I have been fighting severe hip pain, back pain, leg pain with a dull, numb, achy and burning sensation. X-rays, nerve […]
- Tricia’s Story After my 3rd child I decided I was done having children. I went to my gynecologist and he suggested the newest thing. It was described as out patient, least amount of time off, just […]
- Amanda’s Story My name is Amanda I'm 32 years old after having my fifth child in 2008 my doctor told me about the assure and I thought why not its easier faster and cheaper than a tubal ligation but now […]
- Jessica’s Story I was a mother of 3 by the age of 23 and I was dealing with postpartum depression. I went to my obstetrician to talk about what I was going through.. I broke down in tears in front of him […]
- Jessica’s Story I was a mother of 3 by the age of 23 and I dealing with postpartum depression. I went to my obstetrician to talk about what I was going through.. I broke down in tears in front of him and […]
- Heather’s Story I told the doctor that I am very sensitive to nickel. He said that there's not enough for a reaction and so I believed him. Now I have painful periods and pelvic pain all the time. They […]