I am extrodinarily grateful for this community. This is the first time in four years I have felt as if I am sane. I had my Essure procedure in 2010. I selected Essure because my insurance company covered the in-office procedure for an office copay, which made it remarkably affordable when compared to monthly prescription copays for birth control or a tubal ligation. Within two months, I asked my physician about a severe increase in bleeding and sharp pains monthly in my lower sides. I was assured that this was in no way related to the Essure device. I underwent an uterine ablation in an attempt to address the excessive bleeding, unfortunately this did not help as I had hoped. Now, at 38, I am beginning to go into early menopause. I’m not certain of the relationship, but my family has no history of early menopause. Over time, I have simply learned to accept this situation as my new reality, and have found that I can deal gracefully with the changes. If you are considering this product as a form of permanent birth control, I would not recommend the Essure device. Best of luck to all of the impacted women in this forum, may God Bless as you manage your health.
- Jeanne’s Story I had the Essure devices implanted in 2006 by my gynecologist. It was the most painful experience I have ever endured – and I gave birth to both of my daughters without pain […]
- Wanda’s Story I had ESSURE done in 2006… Since then I have pains in my sides throbbing, sharp and spasm pains… I have severe pains in my back…to the point that I can't even lay on my […]
- Lakeshia’s Story I'm am 27 years old I got my essure done 01/10/2011. I went to my ob asking for birth control because I was in an abusive relationship and had three children and really wasn't sure if I […]
- Jennifer’s Story I'm a young mother of three, after my last child I had the essure implants done back in October 2013. A year later after all the pain and problems I have experienced I am having them […]
- Elizabeth’s Story The essure device was recommended as an inexpensive & out patient form of birth control instead of getting my tubes tied. My husband & I decided this was a good choice as it was […]
- Connie’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in 2012 a few months after my son was born. I experience headaches, stomach pain, and nausea very frequenly. I've been to the doctors several times about […]