Hello there. My name is Tara and I had the Essure procedure done about 4 years ago when I was 30. When I went for my 3 month check up after the procedure the radiologst informed me that a piece of the device had broken off and was floating around my uterus. I immediatly called my doctor and he said that it was fine to leave it there, stating that it would find a home somewhere and my scar tissue would build up around it. The fact that a piece of nickle was floating around my body seemed insane, however, I trusted in my doctor and let it be. Since having the procedure my periods have gone from lasting about 4 days to lasting over 8 full days of bleeding. My cramps are now unbearable and I often get very sharp shooting pains and I now believe it is from the device. I now have 4-6 days of dibilitating migranes each month and headaches almost daily. I am at a loss for ideas and do not know where to turn.
Thanks for taking the time to ready my story.
- Lisa’s Story I had essure done in 2011 after I had my daughter and gall bladder removed as well within a matter of 4 months. I remember that day well when I went to dr. for the procedure they had given […]
- Cortney’s Story I went in to have the Essure procedure done in Dec of 2011. The dr's first mistake was forgetting to give me a pregnancy test. I went home, was in a little bit of pain for a few days. […]
- Candace’s Story Very long story short, started having problems right away and was dismissed by more than 4 doctors. Went through ever test known to man with nothing found. Finally 8 years after I had […]
- Randi’s Story I had the essure attempted to be put in, but the dr passed my tube and put a hole in my uterus instead. Even with all the meds and numbing, i felt that pain. She stopped the procedure and […]
- Yvonne’s Story Hi Everyone! My name is Yvonne and I am a 30 year old mother of 6 beautiful and amazing children and the wife of the most amazing man I have ever met. When I decided to have Essure it was […]
- Yadira’s Story Ok so im 34 years old and i had the Essure procedure done in 2010 i tlaked with my doctor and told her i didnt want more kids and i was ready for a tubal ligation she then recomended […]