I had this procedure done last September. The right side was extremely painful and I just knew something was wrong. A few days following the procedure, I ended up with a bladder infection that went to my right kidney. I needed shots of antibiotics along with an RX for more antibiotics and pain medication. I recently had a CT of my abdomen ( for other health reasons) and they found the coil on the right side was not in the correct place. I’ve had pain and cramping since I had it placed. I kind of ignored it since I’ve had another health concern to deal with. A few weeks after the CT I had the HST testing. I cramped and bled for 5 days after this procedure as well… Findings from this test confirmed that the coil on the right side went through by Fallopian tube and is now in-between my uterus and bladder. I have sharp pains that feel like electric shocks. I’m now scheduled for surgery in 2 1/2 weeks to remove the coil. I do not recommend this procedure. I’ve had one issue after another and I’ve had enough. I’m not looking forward to another surgery.
- Karen’s Story I had the Essure procedure done back in 2002. It was a great option because I could go in and out with really no days off from work. The procedure went well. I went back to make sure […]
- Stacey’s Story I had the essure coils put in in 2009. One ended up migrating from my fallopian tube and was found during a laproscopic procedure for pelvic pain and bloating. It was removed and the other […]
- Marteshia’s Story Hi, I have had the Essure procedure now for 4 1/2 years. Over the years, I have experienced abdominal cramping, excessive menstrual cycles up to twice a month. I am anemic, now I have cyst […]
- Tina’s Story I have been putting this off and truley dont know if I'll even remembeer all the events of the last 18 months but I'll try. On April 16th, 2008, I was in the presurgical waiting room […]
- Leigha’s Story Hi, My name is Leigha Jenkins. I am a full time mother of three beautiful children. Two little girls who are 8 1/2 and 7 1/2, and one precious baby boy, (well I still call him my baby), […]
- Joann’s Story I have ADD. My medication causes birth defects. My husband had a vasectomy, so birth control wasn't an issue. We divorced in 2004. When I started a serious relationship(late 2014), […]