I got Essure in late 2010. Previously, I had easy 3-5 day cycles my entire life with little to no cramps. my pain & symptoms have progressed. I have pain down my right leg to the sole of my foot. Terrible pain. I can barely keep my leg still it hurts so bad- even when I’m not menstrating. Horrible cramps. Sometimes the pain gets so bad I can’t even smile at my children or customers. I bleed during sex No matter how gentle. I make minimum wage, support 3 kids. I can’t take off work to go lay in hot bath. Have to wear arthritis cream (the only thing that helps) from my ribs to the soles of my feet. Can’t afford insurance or doctor. Went to ER in tears with elevated BP last month. Cat scan showed no cysts or tumors so I was sent home with $3200 bill, 20 Vicodin with no refills, and no solution. No help. Doc says it must be sciatica because he had no explanation. My pain is so bad. It has changed my life. My body never hurt this bad before. Or this often. Everyone is tired of hearing me complain. I’m tired of hearing myself. I want these coils out but I have no money.
- Whitney’s Story After 3 high risk pregnancies & complications we decided that after the birth of our third son in Sept 2009 that he would be our last. We looked into tubal ligation & were […]
- Tiffany’s Story I had the Essure procedure in 2013. I had a busy day to day life, and I made my decision based only on the fact that the healing time fit perfectly. I didn't ask many questions, and […]
- Cynthia’s Story I chose the Essure procedure on my Doctor's advice over tubal ligation when my son was born in 2008, for the following 4.5 years I struggled with mysterious abdominal pain, headache, and […]
- Teri’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in March of 2010 after having twins and two older children. We knew that our family was complete, so my obgyn recommended this as a permanent birth control. […]
- Lin’s Story After 4 kids I decided to have the essure implanted. But I was nieve and didn't do much research like I do now for Adenomyosis and many other physical problems I have now. I'm sure the […]
- Heather’s Story I got essure in November 2011, 3 months after my 4th child was born. My doctor had given me a handout about it at my 6 week check up. Knowing that I was considering a permanent birth […]