I had the Essure procedure done on December 28th, 2010. We have 3 wonderful kids and we didn’t want anymore kids. I had planned on just getting a tubal ligation after our last daughter was born, but the doctors made Essure sound wonderful. They said I wouldn’t have any down time, I could continue regular activity the next day, and so on.
However, for the next 4 months I lived on Vicodin, Valium, and Ibuprofen. Not to mention I bled the whole 4 months. I went back and forth to the ER, I don’t know how many times and most of the Doctors at three ER’s didn’t even know what the Essure was. I had ultrasounds, Cat scans etc. They all told me that they didn’t know what was wrong. I had terrible pain in my sides that were just debilitating. I couldn’t function.
I learnt to deal with the pain, because I was tired of missing out on my children’s lives. Finally after seeing 3 different Doctors, the 4th one agreed to remove the coils. So September 13, 2012 I went for surgery to remove my Fallopian tubes. Almost immediately I had no pain. It has been 2 months now and I feel great. Except that I just learnt Friday, that I have a 2.9 cm cyst on my right ovary. Other than that all is great. I enjoy my kids more now than ever.
- Melissa’s Story Hi my name is melissa im 29 years old .I live in Athens,Tn.I just want to share my story about the 'essure' procedure that i had done .I had my procedure done back in 2006,after my […]
- Felicia’s Story I had my essure inserted in 2009 after giving birth to my third baby .I consulted with my then obgyn regarding the safest birth control opion. He informed me that essure was the best […]
- Erica’s Story My name is Erica. I'm 38 and have 4 amazing children. 3 years ago after researching my options, I decided to have the procedure Essure/Novasure done. I had no idea what would come. My […]
- Christina’s Story Hi I'm 27 with two kids. I have this form of birth control and just this weekend one of the coils came out. I feel pain here and there in my tubes and its been almost 3 months since I got […]
- Bobbie’s Story On Dec. 31st 2009 I had my essures placed. It was an extremely painful procedure and the doctor had a difficult time placing one. Following this procedure I had an ablation preformed […]
- Trista’s Story I'm not one to share personal experiences, but after reading the stories of so many other women I thought I should share mine as well. In October of 2009 I had the essure procedre done. […]