I had the Essure procedure in March 2012 and have had nothing but problems since. I bled for 2 months straight and have had terrible pains in the area. If I pressed on the painful area my entire fallopian tube would spasm. My tubes were constantly twitching and I couldn’t have sexual intercourse because it hurt to do so.
I just had to have my entire fallopian tubes removed a week ago because of the Essure coils. I want the world to know that this procedure is not a form of birth control that should be allowed, and doctors should warn of the problems it can cause instead of making it sound like its the best way to go. Thank you for listening, Brandi.
- Kimberly’s Story I was told that I would have to have essure done instead of a regYale tubal surgery due to being over weight at the time. My dr was very pressing on the matter that essure was the only […]
- Victoria’s Story My name is Victoria and i am 27 years old. After i had my son i decided i didn't want any more children as my son was my fourth child. So i choose essure over tubal ligation because at the […]
- Rebecca’s Story I had the Essure procedure done March of 2010. Since then I have been experiencing pain in my lower back, stomach, and even feet. It can be painful after sexual intercourse as well. I did […]
- Jane’s Story In 2009 I had the essure devices implanted. I wanted a permanent non-invasive low side effect form of birth control. The in-office procedure went well and I really had no complaints […]
- Jennifer’s Story Last January (Jan 4, 2013) at 31 years old and already having two children decided to have the essure. Having 2 kids and not being with the fathers it is super difficult to be a single […]
- Bridgette’s Story I had the essure procedure done in the summer of 2009 after the birth of my fifth child. I was 30 at the time and was certain I did not want anymore . I talked to my doctor about […]