I decided that the Essure procedure would be the best for me out of the options my doctor recommended. I went through with the procedure in November of 2011. In January of 2012, after my follow up appointment i had my first cycle and bled for almost a month and a half. I have periods so heavy that i bleed through tampons and overnight pads, I also have blood clots that are the size of my fist. I currently go months without having a cycle, so i never know when im going to start. I have the worst migraines,fatigue, and i always look and feel bloated. When im on my period i dont leave the house unless i absolutely have to.Before the procedure i lived an active, healthy lifestyle. It seems like everything i try doesnt help with the symptoms. This procedure has changed my life in a negative way, i would now rather have requested a hysterectomy than have to deal with living like this.
- Nicole’s Story I got Essure in 2011 when I was 33 years old because I was told I would not have any downtime, and no side effects like other forms of permanent birth control. I was extremely happy and […]
- Kristen’s Story I had the essure procedure done January 3 2013. I never did my homework. Now I really wish I would have. Ian's I have read many of these ladies stories, my really doesn't compare. However […]
- Priscilla’s Story I had the Essure put in after my second child. It has been almost 2 years this June. About a year after I got the Essure put in, I started getting horrible stomach pains. Usually the pains […]
- Shannon’s Story I had the essure done on September 15th 2014. On October 15th I had a TIA which is a mini stroke. Age 33 and with a healthy lifestyle no one new what was going on. It turns out my right […]
- Keystie’s Story I had the essure procedure done a little over 2 moths ago, immediately I know something wasn't right. I was having awful cramping and shooting pains down my legs. For a couple weeks after […]
- Sharon’s Story I received the Essure procedure in 2008 after my 5th child was born. Since my insurance would not approve the procedure being done in the doctor's office I had to undergo anesthesia. My […]