I had the essure procedure in August of 2011. I noticed within a couple of days that the pain and heavy bleeding was not getting better. When using the restroom one day I noticed on my tissue the essure coil. My body had rejected one of them. I went to my doctor and she scheduled me for a tubal ligation. A year later my pain was unbearable, with cronic headaches, bleeding, pain during and after sex with my husband ans more. I went to see my obgyn and they discovered during an ultrasound that the other coil had moved and was now lodged in my uterine muscle. The doctor did nothing but give me birth control for pain and discussd the option of removing my entire uterus at my expense. I have not been back and continue to live with these symptoms. The doctor refuses to admit their error or blame the essure. I’m hoping this testimony will encourage anyone considering the essure to explore other options.
- Christy’s Story I had the essure surgery on January 31, 2012 and it was the worst mistake of my life. I have had severe pain ever since and just learned yesterday that the coils are lodged into my uterus. […]
- Cassie’s Story Hello, I just wanted to share how difficult life has been due to these coils. My Dr. insists the problems I am having have nothing to do with the device. However, I feel differently. I […]
- Kayliecia’s Story I was 18 and i was on my 2nd child. I spoke with my doctor about different forms of birth control. I didn't want to have kids anymore at that time, but of course with any teenage girl who […]
- Kari’s Story I had the Essure procedure done around 2006. It seemed like the perfect solution for me. I have a 9 year old that was a surprise so something as easy and permanent as this sounded like a […]
- Laura’s Story i received the essurre implant 5 years ago. I had no problems until recently. I began to feel cramping and bloated. I felt as if I was pregnant due to a ‘heavy' feeling I developed. […]
- Shannon’s Story I had the Essure coils procedure done October of 2010. In March of 2012 I had already started the many doctors visits that would lead to me needing a hysterectomy! My periods had became […]