My story is not as severe as some of these ladies, but it is still full of frustration and pain. Three years ago I got the procedure. I had no problems, went very smoothly. I went in to get it checked, which turned out to be more painful than I was told by the nurses. I missed two days of work and the left tube had not closed. Three months later, I went in again to see if the tube had closed. Another day off work, and yet again the left tube had not closed. This time, due to my insurance being cut off, I had a nice $600 bill ( with the cash discount). I cannot afford to take days of work and pay for the stupid xrays, so I am still taking birth control pills . I’m tired all the time and my left side has bursts of stabbing pain on a regular basis. ( which scares me because it is the side that didn’t close). I did the procedure because my doctor said the tubal ligation was 3 days in the hospital. It would have been 3 days and I would be done. Not 3 years later and its as if I never was sterilized ( plus the added bonus of the side effects) If anyone asked me about this procedure I would say its useless, painful and not worth the heartache. I wish I had done research ahead of time, because I would have decided against it.
- Lisa’s Story In 2010 I went to see my Doctor about having my tubes tied. While I was there he told me about the Essure procedure which at the time seemed like an amazing thing. Just the way the Doctor […]
- Trish’s Story I had this procedure done. I was told it was going to be pain free and that I would waltz out of my doctor's office. Wrong. It was excruciating. (I couldn't believe they didn't put me to […]
- Racheal’s Story My name is Racheal I got the essure device cause I was told I would have to be cut open like a c section the day I went in for my tubal ligation and I was out for hours I went in at 8 in […]
- Anitra’s Story After having the Essure for two years now. I am eexperiencing major issues. Including abdominal pain, stabbing pains in my side my leg hurts daily. I'm bloated all the time and I have […]
- Jackie’s Story I had the essure procedue preformed in 2006 after my fourth pregnancy resulted in a misscarriage. I decided I didn't want any more children and wanted a permanent birth control option. My […]
- Katrina’s Story I had my essure proceedure done in 2009 after my husband and I decided 3 kids was enough. As soon as I woke up from having it done, I immediatly had a very intence, sharp pain on my right […]