I am 28 yrs old and have 2 kids. I knew I was done having kids and decided to get Essure in 2011.
I was told it was a simple procedure that takes just a few minutes, not at all the case I have a tilted uterus dr had issues getting it in to place causing tremendous pain.It took several minutes to out them in place, after I was done I felt very ill and in lots of pain causing me to vomit.
I now have horrible menstral cycles lasting 9+ days twice a month so basicly every other week heavy painful periods. I have the worst lower back pains,no sex drive and just tired all the time.
When i lay flat on my back I can feel a pintching stabbing pain on my right side like I can feel the coil I thought i was crazy, sex can be painful.
I wouldn’t recommend it to Anyone.
I’m glad to know I’m not the only one but now I’m worried I have to get a hysterectomy to fix the problem and I just can’t imagine being on hormones this young for the rest of my life
- Deanna’s Story I had essure placed in 2010 after the birth of my third child. It was suggested to me by my Dr. because I am overweight and it would be less invaisive and safer. I have over the past […]
- Jill’s Story I had the Essure done a little over 8 years ago. Ever since I had this done I have had high blood pressure, migraine headaches, numbness in my legs, arms and hands off and on, I have no […]
- Kristina’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in 2010 and it has completely changed my life. I have constant back pain, a lot on my right side. The pain effects how I walk sometimes because it goes […]
- Sabina’s Story I had several complications in getting and carrying my pregnancies. after my second daughter was born I decided to use a permanent birth control. I was concerned about the down time after […]
- Jamie’s Story I had the essure done in may of 2009 and confirmed my tubes were blocked 3 months later. I had regular periods before the essure. I have had problems with my period ever since. Odd stomach […]
- Heather’s Story I got the essure done in 2009 and have regreted it ever since. I've had nothing but issues. I have sharp stabbing pains in my lower abdomen all the time, lower backaches,nausea, headaches, […]