After the birth of my second son in 2007. I talked to my ob/gyn about birth control. I wanted a permanent form of birth control. He talked me into the Essure,so then I wouldn’t have to go through a tubal ligation. Since my last pregnancy was so hard on my body. About a year after it was put in I started having pain. I finally went back to the doctor and he couldn’t see anything on the ultrasounds and blood work. So he did laparoscopic exploratory surgery. when he got in there he found orange dots on my uterus. He said he had never seen anything like it in his life. He also called other doctors in the O.R. to see if they had any idea what it was. None of them had seen anything like it before in their lives. So he recommended a hysterectomy. I had it done a moth later they took everything but my ovaries. The pain and surgery all are something I did sign up for . no one should have to go through a hysterectomy because of the Essure, and at only 28 years old, with 2 young kids at home .
- Nicolle’s Story My name is Nicolle and in December of 2007 I had my second daughter. About 2 weeks after I had her, I became very ill and was in and out of the emergency room for about a week until they […]
- Amber’s Story I had the Essure Procedure done in December 2012. Since then I have had two positive home pregnancy tests, but the tests were negative at the doctor's office. With both, I experienced […]
- Monique’s Story I had my procedure done exactly a month after giving birth to my sixth child. I'd heard of the procedure before, in fact I was supposed to have it done after the birth of my fifth child, […]
- Joelie’s Story Three years ago my doctor told me I was at risk for blood clots taking birth control pills (which I have taken for over 20 years). Also my periods were heavy,painful,awful, and getting […]
- Erika’s Story Hi I had essure about 2 years almost when I just got them done I have symptoms of vomiting nausea like if I was pregnant I took a pregnancy test and it came out negative and now that I […]
- Christine’s Story In October, 2013 at 32 years old, I had my 4th child. When talking about a more permanant method of birth control, by doctor told me about Essure. I was not sold on it and kept trying to […]