I couldn’t believe what I was hearing on the news tonight. Before they ever said what the birth control was, I knew because I was experiencing similar symptoms. I am not having chronic pain like some, but lately things have been different. I had the Essure procedure in January 2010 and I didn’t have any problems until this year. The first thing I noticed was that during my menstrual period, I was only bleeding on one side. I thought, ‘that’s weird’. Then my cramps became very painful every month and there was very heavy bleeding and more clotting than normal. I am scheduled to see my doctor in a few weeks for all of these reasons, but I had no idea that so many women were going through this. I thought it was just me. Thank you so much for bringing this to the public.
- Bridgette’s Story I had the essure procedure done in the summer of 2009 after the birth of my fifth child. I was 30 at the time and was certain I did not want anymore . I talked to my doctor about […]
- Tamara’s Story I got this procedure done in 2010 a couple months after having my last baby. I too have been experiencing a lot of these symptoms especially the cramping all the time. I thought it was […]
- Jennifer’s Story In Feb 2008 I spoke with my GYN about the Ablation procedure to help with heavy bleeding. He stated we could go forward with it but it would be dangerous for me to get pregnant afterwards […]
- Jennifer’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in May 2011. Since I had it done I've had horrible back pains all month long. I get pain that is unbearable right before my period. I have heavy menstrual […]
- Claudia’s Story I am 26 yrs old and I had the essure procedure on 10/21/2013 After my third child. For the last 3 months i've had stomach pains, sevite bloating and heavy bleeding with my cycle. I have […]
- Angela’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in February of 2010 after my son was born since my husband and I decided we were done having children. The procedure itself went fine and much dye test came […]