I had Essure placed in April 2010. Following the surgery I bled for two straight weeks. My Doctor said “Oh that’s normal”. I come to find out it wasn’t normal. The three month follow-up ‘confirmed” that my tubes were blocked. On Friday November 30th 2012, I found out that I’m pregnant with baby number 3. This goes to show that Essure is not fool proof nor is it effective.
- Megan’s Story I had the procedure done in November 2012 after the birth of our third child. I had back to back pregnancies so I knew I couldn't handle any other pregnancies. Well here I am and it is […]
- Kayla’s Story My name is Kayla. I am 25 years old and have 2 children, 8 year old son and now 10 month old daughter. My husband and I decided 2 was a good number for us, so I made an appointment to talk […]
- Amy’s Story My doctor talked me in to getting the essure. I had my fourth child in Aug. 2010. I went in to have the essure put in but the doctor could not see well enough to insert them. So I went […]
- Iris’s Story Hi, my name is Iris. I had the Essure procedure done April of 2009. From the start I've had horrible lower back pain and menstrual pain. My periods were very heavy and lasts for a week. […]
- Dana’s Story The implantation in September 2013 was a little rough, but not too bad thanks to the Valium and other drugs. I was awake, but pretty dopey. By that evening I was fine. I think I took […]
- Kayla’s Story I had my Essure procedure done in February 2011 and I found out on Monday October 1, 2012 that I was 5 months pregnant. I did go back for my 3 month check up and everything turned out […]