I had essure put in August of 2012. I finally got a period in February of 2014. It was very painful with all the headaches, backaches, and my left side hurting. Went to the doctor and my uterus tipped slightly. He gave me some meds to take . Next period was early april and lasted about 5 days and was light to regular. This week late april I have pregnancy symptoms so I take a pregnancy test and I am pregnant and coils are still in place. Now at my ob/gyn office I am treated as a special case and they want to know everything. The nurse said this has never happened to them before.
- April’s Story Hi my name is April. I had essure in December 2012 after my 3rd son. I have been living a nightmare ever since. My symptoms range from debilitating migraines, pelvic cramps, […]
- Lisa’s Story I had the Essure coils implanted in May 2009. No history of any gynecological problems prior and two uneventful pregnancies. Gradually, after Essure, my periods became heavier, more […]
- Lisa’s Story I had my Essure procedure done in late 2010 after i had my third child. I was lead to believe it was the best way to go and the best birth control out there. I originally had planned to […]
- Lisa’s Story In 2010 I went to see my Doctor about having my tubes tied. While I was there he told me about the Essure procedure which at the time seemed like an amazing thing. Just the way the Doctor […]
- Lisa’s Story I had the Essure procedure done about 7 years ago. I was also having heavy periods and so the doctor performed a uterine ablation at the same time. My GYN told me that Essure was safer […]
- Erin’s Story After having my second child, my husband and I decided that we did not want any more children; so I decided to have the essure procedure done. Within hours of having the procedure I was in […]