I had Essure inserted 2 years ago as an alternative option to tubal ligation. I am highly allergic to nickel, and was never asked, informed or tested for nickel hypersensitivity. I have chronic back and adominal pain. My stomach is bloated like I am 4 months pregnant. My periods are terrible (pre and post). I thought I was just getting old (mind you I am 47) or going through pre-menopause until I read an article on Facebook. I immediately contaced my doctor and I was told that I am in NO danger and it is ABSOLUTELY safe. I have an appointment December 3rd to discuss removal. We will see what happens???? I am very upset that this is all about making money. For the FDA to approve the removal of nickel hypersensitivity contraindication from the Essure procedure Instructions for Use (IFU), to further help Conceptus gain traction in its domestic business, is the most outrageous thing I have ever heard! Keep you posted.
- Nicole’s Story I had Essure done at Cleveland Clinic in Weston, Fl in May 2012. Not only did the surgery cost $12,000 but I had to pay out of pocket $1,200. Ever since the inserts were put in, my period […]
- LaDon’s Story I just read the article on Essure I am experiencing heavy bleedig from this device. I had know idea that this device was implanted into me until I had to have and ultrasound 2 years ago. I […]
- Brandel’s Story My name is Brandel. I had the Essure procedure done almost 4 1/2 years ago. I truly wish I hadn't, but my doctor made it sound amazing and said it was perfect for me. There was no pain […]
- Abril’s Story I had essure procedure 3 + year's ago. It's been over 2 years that lm being dealing with bloated stomach, cramps and vaginal itchiness and drynes. I complain about yeast infection all the […]
- Rebecca’s Story I was done having children asked my doctor to tie my tubs and he told me about essure and I thought it was a good idea until after I got the procedure i found out 4 weeks later that I was […]
- Nicole’s Story I had essure implanted in August of 2015 (age 33) and had my conformation test on time in November. I have 2 children, both cesarean births. My story is neutral for anyone looking […]