My name is Pam and I’ve had Essure placed in 2008. I had some slight pain from the start, but thought it would go away over time. Due to my high pain tolerence, I felt I could handle it and just dealt with it. I’ve noticed more bloating and thought it may just be me. However, by 2011 I was headed to my doctor for an emergency ultrasound due to severe bleeding. I trust my doctor and honestly believe he was misinformed by the representatives of Essure or just not given the full disclosure of the product. I spoke with him regarding the excessive bleeding and he also informed me at that time some issues had come up with the device. I am afraid to go have things checked for fear of needing a hysterectomy! Honestly, had I known the information about all the problems and extreme risks with Essure, I would have made a different decision on birth control. I really hope we can find a solution to help the women involved and help others make a more informed decision.
Thank you for listening,
- Perez’s Story I'm going on a year of having this Essure implant. Thought it would be legit, being this is my third child and I didnt want any more. Didnt read up on it, my OB/GYN doctor assured me this […]
- Lillie’s Story I had the essure procedure back in 2008. After having 5 children I wanted a permanent birth control without going under the knife. My maternity nurse told me about essure, so I asked my […]
- Jennifer’s Story I couldn't believe what I was hearing on the news tonight. Before they ever said what the birth control was, I knew because I was experiencing similar symptoms. I am not having chronic […]
- Michelle’s Story I am a 35 year old female. I have one son and lost a son at birth several years ago, which was devastating. I decided I DID NOT want any more children and went to my ob/gyn and requested […]
- Kimberly’s Story My Essure story began on April 20, 2011. I was 37 when I had the procedure. I believed the hype my doctor told me and I too thought this was the best thing ever. Who wouldn’t want a […]
- Nicole’s Story I gave birth to my fourth daughter in August of 2011. I knew I was not going to have any more so I decided that I wanted to have a tubal done. My OB/GYN referred me to another doctor […]