My name is Sara Strum, and as I sit and type this I’m in severe pain. It starts in my abdomin, goes down into my groin and into my back, then down my leg all the way to my ankle. I had never had pain like this before, until I got my Essure rods after having my daughter almost a year ago. The pain began about 1 day after the procedure, and I chalked it up to the fact that I had just had metal put into my body, popped a few Aleve and continued my day. After a month of dealing with pain off and on I contacted my doctor who then checked to make sure they were still in place. They were, so he told me to continue taking the Aleve and I’d be fine, it would eventually go away. It’s now almost a year later, and the pain, while not constant, is STILL there. It cripples me at times, keeping me from taking proper care of my three children. I’m at my wits end with it, and unfortunatly I have no way to go get them checked again (I no longer have insurance). I wish I had never gotten it done, I feel like this will be going on the rest of my life. Anyone reading this who hasn’t gotten this procedure done, PLEASE DON’T!
- Jenifer’s Story Hello my name is Jen I am 38 yes old and a mother of one. I decided 3 years ago to get the Essure. I was single 35 and there was no way I wanted more kids at my age. Being a si,gle parent […]
- Sara’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in 2005, since then my menstrual cycle has become irregular. Sometimes it's extremely heavy, other times I will go 2 months without one. Also, since my […]
- Lisa’s Story My name is Lisa I am 30 years old. I had the essure procedure done in August 2014, I went in to have my confirmation of closure test done on November 19th. The metal rods came out of my […]
- Mona’s Story I had the Essure procedure done in 2009 and since then I have had nothing but problems. My periods are so painful that I can barely get out of bed, I have blood clots that are huge. […]
- Jodi’s Story Hello ladies! I had my procedure done in June of 2011 and was perfectly fine until about 6 months ago when I started having irregular periods and pinching in my stomach to abdomen area. I […]
- Michelle’s Story I had Essure put in November 2012 six weeks after the birth of my son. I thought it was a good choice versus tubal ligation since, according to the doctor, there was no bad side effects […]