I am a 26 year old mother of two children. My son is six and my daughter is one. After having my daughter I decided I really didn’t want anymore. I had spoke with my doctor about getting my tubes tied and she told me about Essure. Everything seemed so great about it-being awake during the procedure, only missing one day of work, and pain free. Everything went well. I had some mild cramping, but other than that no problems. I had the procedure done Oct. 19th 2012. On Oct. 15th 2013 I found out I was pregnant. It was very, very shocking and then I learned about ectopic pregnancy- I was very scared since I had the coils in my tubes. Here I am today Nov. 5th 2013 (8) weeks pregnant. The baby is where it should be and coils in place. I didn’t think I would have anymore kids and my sistuation is very hard at this point. My Doc. said she would not be doing anymore Essure procedures due to my pregnancy. Over the last few weeks I have grown to except this pregnancy and I hope the best for this baby.
- Trish’s Story I had this procedure done. I was told it was going to be pain free and that I would waltz out of my doctor's office. Wrong. It was excruciating. (I couldn't believe they didn't put me to […]
- Brandy’s Story I'm 36 and a mother of 2. I had my first at 29 and my second at 35. I knew my daughter would be the last, so I opted for a tubal. My doctor talked me out of the tubal and recommended […]
- Krystal’s Story My name is Krystal Beamer and I am 33 years old. I had the Essure procedure done in December 2011, 6 months after I had my third child. Everything went fine with the surgery but afterward […]
- Lakeisha’s Story In 2013, I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. I was happy because I was in a new relationship with my first love, sharing our first child together. I had already had two boys from […]
- Christy’s Story I received the Essure in January 2013 after having my second child in October 2013. I was drugged up on pain medication for the procedure and was given a shot before we began as well. I […]
- Krystle’s Story I'm a single mother of three. When I was pregnant with my third I told my Doctor that I wanted to be fixed. I can't have anymore babies, my body can't handle anymore. My second and third […]