I’m a thirty-year-old woman that had severe affects of the Essure device. One of the coils was in my uterus. I went through months of sever pain and I had no energy because I was so sick. What I now know as the reason for the pain was the nickel that’s in the Essure devices. I was never told about the nickel component. My doctor ignored when me I complained of being in pain. She kept saying it was natural what I was feeling.
To cut this long story short, I ended having to two surgeries. The last one being a full hysterectomy. Since having that done, I’m back to normal! I am now pain-free. It’s sad that the FDA has not removed this off the market yet! There are many women with the same terrible side affects. Women are not told of all information about the Essure before the coils are placed. This is not right and something needs to be done!
- Rebekah’s Story I had mine done last year and experienced terrible pain from the day I had it done up until I ended up having to have a full hysterectomie done! I complained for months how much pain I was […]
- Gwendolynn’s Story I had my Essure procedure in September 2011. It was marketed as easy, minimal pain, minimal side effects. On August 13, 2012 I had a hydrosalpinx (fluid filled fallopian tube) surgically […]
- Erica’s Story Getting this Essure device is has become a freaking nightmare. I am in so much pain I can't even walk. I have NEVER had issues with walking before. There is so much pain where the […]
- Sherry’s Story I went in to have the essure procedure. I was told it would only take a few minutes in the doctor's office. I was able to watch the doctor on the screen the whole time. He tried to put the […]
- Robin’s Story After my fourth child, and due to my increased age(41), I decided to get a sterilization procedure. I inquired with my ob/gyn and she suggested the new essure device. a simple out -patient […]
- Jenny’s Story About 6 years ago, I had the essure procedure done to save my husband from having a vasectomy. My doctor told me it was much less invasive than a vasectomy and a quicker recovery. Not long […]