My name is Shanon and I had the Essure procedure after the birth of my 3rd child, he is now 8. At first, I thought this was wonderful I knew I was done having children. Maybe 6 months later, I kept having abdonimal pain, headaches, lost of memory and sharp pain in my vagina. I went to the Doctor they ran test but nothing was found but I NEVER thought to associate it with the Essure procedure. I saw a commercial from a law firm showing that the FDA had prematruely approved this device and I thought, THAT’S IT! I can be at work sitting at my desk and a sharp pain that makes me scream, I feel in my tubes; I assumed I was ovulating. I’ve constantly gone back and forth to my OB GYN and Primary Care doctor having sereval test ran but never pointed out to them I had Essure. I am currently researching having this procedure reversed. I go next week to have my doctor to personally focus on the Essure and I will go from there.
I’m sure this affects everyone’s body differently but if I was ask to recommend it, I wouldn’t. Just use condoms.
- Priscilla’s Story I just saw a commercial about the problems with Essure and never knew that some of the problems I have been having could be because of it. Here is my story. I have been having heavy […]
- Amy’s Story Hi my name is Amy. I am 42yrs old. I had the essure procedure done in 2009 or 10. Every since then I have experienced lower back pain that wraps around my pelvic gurdle. More headaches […]
- Alycia’s Story When I went in for the HSG, I could see there was something wrong. One of the coils had fallen out of my tubes and migrated to the other side of my abdomen. I instantly said, 'Get them […]
- April’s Story Hello! After giving birth to my third child (husband and I have 7 children all together), we had decided that we were done having children. I visited my ob gyn and went over my options. He […]
- Jodi’s Story Hello ladies! I had my procedure done in June of 2011 and was perfectly fine until about 6 months ago when I started having irregular periods and pinching in my stomach to abdomen area. I […]
- Cecelia’s Story I am a mother of one boy, in 2006 I was flown over 100 miles away from home and admitted to the hopsital at 35 weeks with a thoracic aneurism at the age of 21 I had stumped the doctors. So […]